It has been reported that spam campaigning and malware propagation are in the surge using context of Japan Earthquake and Tsunami mishap. Using traditional method, search engine pages are being poisoned and indexed with pages redirecting users to sites that distribute FAKE AV.
See the screenshots (Source: Trendmicro)
Moreover, a spam campaign in is also running so called "facebook LIKE jacking (Foujack or Foutube clickjacking attack)", that lures users to view fake Japanese mishap footage from CNN.
The spam messages are as shown below:
Something like the following links is embedded. (Source: Sophos). hxxp://www . ibuzzu. fr/view.php?vid=Le-plus-gros-Tsunami-du-Japon-depuis-20-ans. Up on visiting the page, users are redirected to a facebook page titled ?Japanese Tsunami RAW Tidal Wave Footage.
But the believable-looking video viewer is a Facebook likejack - a clickable image. Clicking anywhere on the screen grey screen and Play icon actually triggers an invisible Facebook Like button behind the scenes and displays a link on the Victims wall. Trend Micro detected the clickjacking malware as HTML_FBJACK.A
Some of the video themes are spreading around in facebook are :
- From couple to Family in 39 Months
- PHOTO! Girl accidentally sends dad SMS about her FIRST TIME
- Exclusive Video: Charlie Sheen found Dead at his House!
- EXCLUSIVE! Cheryl Cole Explicit Video Leaked by X-Boyfriend
- Look What Happens When FATHER Catches DAUGHTER Making Sexy Webcam Video
- This Girl Killed Herself Because Her Dad Posted This Video On Her Wall
- Exercise caution while clicking on any link in messages inside the e-mail message/Instant messages or web pages.
- If the spam is posted on the wall, try click the [X] icon next to the post, and to choose the "Remove Post and Unlike." option.
- Refer the Trend micro's security tip for social networking users.
- Monitor traffic to website afore mentioned and block accordingly at Perimeter.
- Clickjacking can be effectively by NoScript Add -on (firefox browser)
- Refer to the Facebook Security Guide
- Install and maintain updated anti-virus software at Mail gateway and desktop level.
- Install and maintain updated anti-spyware software at desktop level.